Starting in June 2022, Gmail and G Suite accounts will only allow access to email accounts using OAuth2. Password-based access will no longer be supported by Google.
Converting to OAuth2 is easy!
- Within Postbox, navigate to Options | Preferences > Security > Passwords > Saved Passwords and click the "Show Passwords" button.
- Take a screenshot of your passwords, so you have them as a backup.
- Remove all of your account passwords from the Password Manager, then close the panel.
- Navigate to Options | Preferences > Accounts. Select the first Gmail or G Suite account and change Authentication to "OAuth2 (Google)." Repeat this step for each of your Gmail and G Suite accounts.
- Next Navigate to Options | Preferences > Accounts > Outgoing Servers. Here you will want to edit each Gmail and G Suite send server by changing Authentication to "OAuth2 (Google)."
- Once complete, restart Postbox, follow the onscreen prompts.
From here you should be all set!